- Identifying Purposes
- Limiting Collection
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention.
- Individual Access
- Challenging Compliance
You can read all about these principles here.
Collection of Information
We collect information from you when you visit our site, register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. Where possible, this information is non-individual data only. When registering on our site or for a service such as a newsletter, as appropriate, you may be asked to voluntarily enter your name or email address.
ThatMaple.com may use Google Analytics as well as Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect data about visitors to our site as well as to advertise online. This would mean:
- ThatMaple.com and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our website.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- ThatMaple.com and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- Through Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data information about visitor age, gender, language and interests will help our site serve more appropriate advertising to the visitor and will comply with our “Use of Information” section below.
- We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features based on the DoubleClick cookie unless you have previously opted-in or consented to that merger.
Using the Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
You can also opt out via Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
ThatMaple.com may use AddThis services to provide various social network sharing and following options in addition to the AddThis analytics options. This means that through one of AddThis’ partners cookies may be used. AddThis collects only non-personal data and you can read the specifics here.
You can opt out of AddThis here.
Use of Information
Information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways: To personalize your experience; To diagnose problems with our website; To improve our website; To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature; To send occasional company news, updates, related product or service information or offer promotional opportunities. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails and/or newsletters, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email and/or newsletter. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. NeitherThatMaple.com nor its partners are responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. When we include links to other internet sites, on this site and in our newsletters and other communications, we do so solely as a convenience to our visitors. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback.
Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA)
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Though our content is suitable for all ages, our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of thirteen, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of thirteen, please contact us at *protected email*.
If you have concerns or questions e-mail us at: